Monday, December 30, 2019

New Year's Chillin' With My Gnomies?

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at  Splitcoaststampers! I am hosting this week and the colors I've chosen are Real Red, Basic Black and Basic Gray with a dessert option of adding sparkle.  I have two cards to share reflecting that color combo and are entirely different in theme and design, just to give you some fun options!


The first card is a fun winter themed card using components of the Simon Says Stamp December 2019 card kit.


The card started with adding the red snow patterned paper to the gray card base, then adhering the die cut snow drift on top.



The three gnomies were created by die cutting components from both white card stock and designer paper, then adhering to the gnome base after using Copic markers to color the nose and beard.  The gnomes were added to the background with the middle one popped up on foam tape, as was the sentiment above.  A very fun and easy to make card.



My next card was made to celebrate the new year.  I didn't have anything in my stash specifically for this holiday, but fortunately MFT and Pretty Pink Posh had really good sales in early December, so I picked up a couple dies to make my card.  I had to size the card up to 5 x 7 inches and I really love how it turned out.


I started by die cutting the fireworks die twice from the black panel, then adhering white glitter paper to show through underneath. Next the sentiment was die cut twice from white card stock and once from red glitter paper.  After gluing those layers together the sentiment was adhered to a die cut vellum oval along with some stars that were also punched from the red glitter paper.  I added glue just behind the stars and sentiment, and adhered the oval to the black panel along with a scattering of more stars in opposing corners. Once the glue dried the entire panel was added to a gray card base.  The card is sooo sparkly and pretty, but that did make it a challenge to photograph, so I apologize that the photo quality isn't as sharp as it should be.



Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link above and check out this week's Color Challenge!

I will also be joining a new design team as a guest designer for 2020 and I'd love to have you come back on Thursday for my reveal!!

Stef


Gnome card
Stamps:  Gnome for the Holidays (SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Real Red (SU), Black, Slate (SSS), Photoplay Kringle & Co patterned paper
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, Versamark
Other:  Lil' Gnome die (SSS), Stitched Hillside die (Lawn Fawn), A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax die (MFT)
Copics:  E13, 11, 4, 00, C3, 1, 00

Happy New Year card
Stamps:  None
Paper: Black, Slate (SSS), Vellum, Red and Iridescent Glitter paper (SU)
Ink:  None
Other:  Fireworks die (MFT), Happy New Year sentiment die (PPP), Oval die, Stars Border punch (SU)

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

What darling cards!! i LOVE the fun gnomes with that background and how you used the fun colors. Fantastic design.