Monday, December 9, 2019

Tree Time!

Hello friends!  How is your Christmas season progressing thus far?  Tomorrow will be 16 days until the holiday and I'm feeling a little pressure to get things wrapped up! I only need to make 2-3 more cards plus a few gift card holders and I'll be ready for wrapping presents!  I made the card I'm sharing today that happens to fit three challenges.  The first is the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Traditional Christmas".  My card certainly fits that with the red and green colors, plus it illustrates one of my favorite parts of the holiday, which is getting the Christmas tree!

In addition, I'm joining the color challenge at Sunday Stamps and the "Anything Goes" challenge at Just Us Girls.



For today's card I used one of the cute Suzy's Classical Christmas Watercolor Prints.  This set of prints came out two years ago and I've been keeping this one because it reminds me of a VW Bug, which both my husband and I had as cars when we were young, although I NEVER would have hauled a tree on top LOL!  Anyway, I decided it was time to quite hoarding it and use it!


I started by coloring the sky with various Copic blue markers (listed below), with lighter colors around the sentiment and darker around the edges and the car.  Next I use our red and green "traditional" colors for the tree and the car, with some grays for the tires, "chrome" and shadow beneath the car.


Next I used a white gel pen to go over the sentiment and large snowflakes, then created a flurry of large and small snowflakes all over the background.  I think I got a bit carried away with it all but I love how it turned out!!  I also drew some highlight lines on the windows but then wiped the ink away to give a more subtle look.  When all was dried, the panel was cut with a stitched rectangle die and mounted onto a white card base with fun foam.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  Swing back by on Monday night to check out my card for the new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!

Stef


Paper:  Suzy's Watercolor prints (SSS), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Stitched Rectangle A2 Stax die (MFT), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  Sky-B99, 97,95, 93, 91; Car-R89, 59, 39, 37, 29; Tires- T8, 6, 4; Chrome-C5, 3, 1; Tree-G28, 17, 03; Shading-N6, 4, 2, 0

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love this, Stef! Such a great festive image, and check out all that SNOW! Just beautiful! Our colors look fabulous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is adorable! Love that little red car brining home the tree. All that snow makes it perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable! I love how you covered the whole scene with snow -- very realistic feel. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

cm said...

OHMYSTARS! Your little VW bug is too cute for words! Love the palette and the snowy wonderland you created for it! Thrilled to see this gem in the JUGS gallery!
~carol