Monday, December 9, 2019

Frosty Snowflakes

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen Pool Party, Roccoco Rose and So Saffron with a dessert option to keep cozy and share your favorite beverage.  I was so focused on getting my holiday cards completed that I passed on dessert and instead used this opportunity to make one with non-traditional colors and glittered snowflakes!


I used Distress inks in colors similar to those for the challenge and blended them on a panel of Bristol paper.  I love how the blending creates more colors in between the main colors, which was enhanced with the shimmer spray that was generously sprayed and set aside to dry.

 The snowflakes were die cut from white card stock then I used my finger to apply gel matte medium before pouring on chunky glitter.  Because of the mess, I don't usually use glitter but it's sooo pretty I thought it was worth it.  However, I did learn late in the process to press the glitter onto the snowflakes for more complete coverage..



When the blended panel was dry, it was added to a white card base then the snowflakes were adhered in a random pattern.  To create the sentiment I heat embossed the word Christmas with sparkly silver embossing powder then die cut with the matching die.  The word Merry was stamped numerous times with a light blue gray ink to get a good impression (thank heavens for the Misti!), then trimmed down to fit atop the die cut.  Both were popped up with foam tape on the panel to finish things off.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link above and check out this week's Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Halftone Christmas (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versamark, Memento London Fog, Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks
Other:  Gel Matte Medium (TCW), Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spray (Imaginecrafts), companion Halftone die, Alicia, Eliza, Marie, Lea and Rina Snowflake dies (Simon Says Stamp)

No comments: