Saturday, August 17, 2019

Woodland Carpet

Hi there and welcome back!  It's been quite a while since I've posted something for a challenge, but Freshly Made Sketches is celebrating their 400th challenge and I wanted to join in.  FMS and the immensely talented DT have been an inspiration to me and many, many others for several years and it's time to celebrate with them!  This is the 2nd week of the celebration and here is the current sketch, a visit back in time to their 200th challenge.


I'm working on a set of notecards for a dear friend for her upcoming birthday and used the sketch for inspiration.  I used one of the beautiful images from the recently released Woodland Carpet from Power Poppy to create my main image.  I stamped in brown Copic friendly ink and went about coloring it up.


I love all the beautiful details, especially the cute mushrooms and snail, but every detail of both stamps in the set are amazing!  It was a bit challenging to color because of the small size of some of the images, but in the end I feel it just helps me become a better colorist.  I started by coloring the sky with two shades of light blue, colored the main image, then used stippling to create some texture around the "ground".  The panel was die cut with the stitched scallop die, then I added a light ink blending of Antique Linen Distress Ink to the bottom of the panel to create more continuity for the ground.  Stamped the sentiment in the same brown ink, wrapped the panel with some Linen Thread and adhered to a card base with Fun Foam.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I've added a link to the challenge above, so be sure to head over and check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Woodland Carpet (Power Poppy), Delicate Flowers (sentiment/Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other:  Card Front Element Builder Stitched Scallop rectangle die (SugarPea Designs), Linen Thread (SU)
Copics:  Sky-B0000, 000; Fern-YG67, 17, 03; Mushroom-R59, 46, 27, 14, E47, 44, 43, 41, 40; Snail-W3, 1, 0, E77, 74, 73, 70; Leaves-G28, 24, 21, 20 Y19 YR21, 18, 16 YG95 Grass-YG45, Y19; Ground-E49, 37, 35, 33, 31, 30; Butterfly-Y11, 13, 15, 17, YR18, 16, BV17, 13, 02, 00; Flowers-BV13, 02, 00, Y17
 

2 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully colored! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Our coloring is fabulous! I love your gorgeous plants! Beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!