Monday, August 26, 2019

Bloomin' Birthday

Hi there!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and has chosen Gorgeous Grape, Lovely Lipstick and Coastal Cabana for her colors.  The dessert option is a birthday card.

I'm also joining the current challenge at Just Us Girls, where this week is an inspiration photo challenge.  The reds, purples and aquas in the photo go perfectly with the CC!



While I love the colors in the challenge, at first I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to create with them, so I went with one of my favorite fall backs, using a Suzy's Watercolor print from Simon Says Stamp.  I found a playful floral panel and went to work coloring it up.  While the prints are on watercolor paper, a number mediums can be used to color them, including watercolors, colored pencils or, as I did, Copic markers.


Isn't that cheerful and fun?  After I colored up the A2 panel I decided to crop it down to fit on a scallop die cut layer.  A white gel pen was used to add some dots in the middle of the flowers, and the sentiment strip trimmed down and adhered with a bit of foam tape.  The die cut panel was then added to the card base, also with foam tape and I called it done!


Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you have a great week ahead!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Suzy's Watercolor Prints, Sentiment Strips (both SSS)
Other:  Honey Bee A2 Scallop dies, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  R37, 35, 43; BG13, 11; V17, 15, 01; G46, 43, 40

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! Your coloring is just amazing!!