Friday, August 23, 2019

Birthday Blooms

Hello and welcome back!  It's been a hot minute since I've posted anything, due to a number of factors, but I wanted to be sure to share the card I made for the current The Flower Challenge, where we are to use our favorite flower.  As many joining the challenge or viewing this post, choosing your favorite flower is like choosing your favorite child - impossible!  However I decided to use my favorite new floral stamp (which I believe is a stem of roses, which is one of my very favorite flowers) for this fun challenge.


I made this card for one of my dearest friends, whose birthday is next Monday, a week after mine, which we celebrated together at happy hour this last Wednesday night.  It's just the best when you're with friends that bring joy! And that she does!


The very large floral image was stamped on an large piece of white card stock and colored with Copic markers.  Due to the size it was a time consuming process but also a labor of love.  I ended up die cutting a panel to fit on an A2 card base.  The sentiment, from another favorite stamp set, was stamped on a separate piece of card stock then die cut and popped up with foam tape.  Lastly I added a small scattering of sparkly jewels to add a festive feel.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  Have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (Gina K/Hero Arts), Strong and Beautiful (sentiment/Power Poppy)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  MFT Extreme Black Hybrid, Versafine Claire Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Tags & Labels Framelit (Stampin' Up), A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax die (MFT), Sakura White Jelly Roll Pen, Clear jewels (PPP)
Copics:  RV14, 13, 11, 00, G17, BG13, 11, 000, 0000

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Wonderful coloring on that bouquet for your dear friend, Stef. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

Nora Noll said...

STUNNING coloring on the bouquet!! Beautiful use of whitespace too!!