Monday, August 12, 2019

Garden Friends

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point, with a dessert option to use an embossing folder. I struggled a bit with this beautiful color combo, but try number three turned out to be a keeper.


I started by ink blending Distress Inks in colors similar to the challenge colors on white card stock.  I achieved the green at the bottom by blending the blue and yellow inks together.  Once done, I stamped the pretty silhouette image with black pigment ink.  I love this IO stamp with the humming bird and firefly checking out all the flora.  After trimming down and mounting on a piece of black cardstock, the piece was popped up on a butterfly embossed panel wrapped with Baker's Twine and adhered to the card base.


Thanks for taking a look, I always appreciate your visit!  I've linked the SCS home page above, which lists all the weekly challenges.  I hope you'll head over there and check out this week's Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Garden Silhouette (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink:  VersaFine Claire Nocturne; Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed
Other:  Black Baker's Twine, Fluttering embossing powder, Life Changing Blending Brushes (Picket Fences)
 

No comments: