Hello friends! I had some crafty fun this weekend and made a card for the current challenge at Time Out Challenges, which is The Movies.
When I first saw the theme, I didn't think I had anything that would work, but then the proverbial light bulb came on, and I remembered a set from Stamping Bella that I bought last year that I thought would work great for this challenge.
These are the Tiny Townie Witch and Wizards in Training stamps. I became a huge fan of Harry Potter thanks to my grandchildren, and I've read all the books and seen all the movies (multiple times), so I was quite pleased to see Stamping Bella come out with this trio of stamps.
There are no dies for these images, so after the Copic coloring was complete, they were fussy cut. There is a backdrop stamp by SB that accompanies these three, which I have, but I was running short of the time it would take to color the whole scene, so I opted to put them in front of the Forbidden Forest lol!
I created the background panel by ink blending a dark sky and full moon, then adding a bit of white splatter for "stars". I then die cut the "forest" using the Simon Says Stamp Arched Forest Die and embossing folder with dark brown card stock. After embossing, I went over it with both Black Soot and Scorched Timber Distress inks to darken the appearance.
With those two layers adhered together I added our wizards and witch with layers of thin and thick foam squares. The sentiment is from the Wicked Words SB set and was white heat embossed and die cut with a small rectangle die.
I hope you like my fun card about one of all-time favorite movies series. I had a blast making this and it even prompted me to open up the first book and start reading it again.
Thanks for taking time to visit!
Stef



7 comments:
How cute are they! This is such a fun card, Stef!
Oh that is so cute! I hadn't shopped at Stamping Bella in a while so I've never seen these before, I love them. Fantastic job on the coloring and the spooky Forbidden Forest scene!
I just ordered those three stamps that you used...and maybe a few more :) If my husband asks, I'm blaming you, haha! (For reals though, thanks for posting this card which enabled me to get those stamps!)
Oh Stef, this is just marvelous. My (27 yo) son is such a Harry Potter junkie. It's his go to when he needs comfort and joy! Your design is fabulous, and your coloring, as always, is stellar. Thank you for the inspiration and for playing with us at Time Out! Love to see you in the gallery!
That anonymous comment was me, Stef.
What a fabulous card in every way, Stef! Your images are always expertly colored and these are out of this world! Then the background you created...WOW! I love how you popped things up for dimension, too. Love your card so much. Thanks, always, for playing along at Time Out!
Congrats on your well deserved Top Pick Stef! I hope you will join us again as a guest designer! Hugs, Kate!
Post a Comment