I'm also joining the current Anything Goes Die challenge at Just Us Girls.
Initially, I chose these colors with a water or beach scene in mind but ended up going a completely opposite direction with my design, which just shows you that there are plenty of design options with these colors.
As I was preparing to make the card for this challenge, I received some items that I'd ordered from Spellbinders. In that order was this darling reindeer, which was the club stitching die of the month for July 2026. At that point I realized I could use the challenge colors just as well for a Christmas card as a summer scene card. So why not? ;-)
As the name suggests, there are dies are made for stitching - the scarf as well as the sweater front. But rather than stitch, I used a white paint pen to create faux stitching. I don't mind the idea of actual stitching, but I don't have the right needles or floss...yet lol!
All the deer parts and pieces were die cut from colored cardstock with the exception of metallic cardstock for the strings of lights wrapped around his (her?) antlers. Everything went together so easy although the strings of lights were a bit fiddly to wrap around the antlers. Rather than die cut the cheeks, I used a light red Copic marker to create some color in the embossed cheek area on the face. The set also has either a gift or a coffee cup for the reindeer to hold. I chose the coffee cup because it seemed perfect for the sentiment I used. A white paint pen was then utilized to add polka dots.
The ivory embossed panel was matted on a red A2 panel, then adhered to the card base. The last step was to use foam tape to pop up both the reindeer and sentiment. I think he's adorable!
Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it! I encourage you to take and moment and visit the challenge blog to see the fabulous cards with a variety of designs created by the rest of the design team. The challenge will remain open until Friday August 14th at 3pm EDT. I hope you'll join us this week!
Stef
- Spellbinders Sweater Weather Friend Stitching Die OTM - July 2026
- SB Spectacular Holiday Sentiments Stamp
- SB Festive Greetings Embossing Folder OTM - July 2026
- SSS Sentiment Label die
- Posca 0.7mm white paint pen




7 comments:
This is adorable, Stef! I love how you added the detains with a white gel pen, I think they look just as good as if you had used a needle and thread but probably went faster. Thanks for a fun palette of colors to play with this week and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
Stef, I couldn't wait to comment on this card. This is soooo darn cute. Brilliant idea to use the white gel ink for the stitching. I am not much of a seamstress so, I think this is perfect. This is my absolute favorite color combo ever. Red and turquoise do it for me. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about this card. I hope you have a wonderful week, My Friend!
Isn't he snazzy with his festive antlers and cozy sweater! Cute card, Stef. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!
Your reindeer is adorable and the white pen stitching looks great. These colors are perfect for your fun Christmas card.
Oh my gosh, this is just too cute! From the polka-dotted coffe cup to those lights around his antlers, this little reindeer would bring holiday joy to any recipient! Kudos to you for putting this all together!
Stef, this is so cute and I love your colors and the faux stitching/dots! The tangled lights in his antlers couldn't be cuter...as well as the very befitting sentiment! So glad you played along with us at Just Us Girls this week!
That reindeer is so cute Stef and using a white gel pen in lieu of stitching was a great idea; no doubt a quicker result and shows the versatility of the dieset too. I love this colour palette - it works for all kinds of cards!
Post a Comment