Sunday, August 30, 2026

Birthday Dragon for PP801

Hello friends!  I hope you were able to join our fun celebration last week for our 800th challenge at the Paper Players!  We had a great turnout and are so appreciative of everyone who chooses to join our challenges every week.  

Since it's the 5th Sunday of the month, the amazing Jaydee is hosting out Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, and she's created a fabulous board!

I'm also sharing my card over at Seize the Birthday, where the prompt no stamping* dies only. (*stamped and die cut sentiment is the exception).


For my card, I went down the center column - things that fly, free and texture.  I used a super cute little dragon die to create a fun shaped children's birthday card.



I am so smitten with this wee little flying dragon! The die set is made with the option of having the body swing back and forth but I chose not to for this card.  She was die cut from three colors of green cardstock and then the gift and her glasses were cut from the same colors as the background layers.  I'm enjoying adding eyeglasses to my critters and last week's Santa.  I think it's a fun and unexpected detail.

I used the Spellbinders Make A Wish Arch Labels dies to create the shaped card and add the wonderful texture around the edges.  After putting the layers on the card base, I added the sentiment then the dragon with foam tape.  The little clouds were die cut and tucked in behind here and the last steps were to add some sparkly gems and use a shimmer pen on the dragon wings, glasses and the gift bow.  



Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll take a moment to visit the challenge blog to see what TTT choices my amazing teammates used.  The challenge will remain open until Friday September 4th at 3pm EDT.  I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Stef

  • Spellbinders Dancin' Birthday Dragon dies
  • SB Essential Arches and Make a Wish Arch Labels dies
  • SB Smart Glasses die
  • SB Jump for Joy Sentiments Stamp
  • Altenew Featured Sentiments die 
  • MFT Petite Clouds dies
  • Simon Says Stamp Taffy Dazzling Gems
  • SB Mulberry, Orchid, Fairytale, Peridot, Rainforest and Fern cardstock
  • Tonic Shimmer pen

1 comment:

Karen in Florida said...

Adorable card! I love the colors & the arch dies!! The glasses are such a cute addition! I have SB's Dancin' Panda. Spellbinders has the cutest dies!!! Thanks for sharing!