Friday, October 21, 2022

Sending Hugs

Hello and welcome!  Today's card is one that I made for the current Color Hues challenge, where the lovely Cindy has chosen the colors orange and green.  

While I was tempted to make a Halloween card because these colors are so perfect for it, but instead used a stamp set that I purchased a short time ago and was eager to get it inky.


I think peonies are my favorite flowers (they sure are in our garden), so I was irresistibly drawn to the Gracious Peonies from Altenew.  I stamped the huge floral on white cardstock then colored in the challenge colors with Copic markers.  When that was complete, the image was die cut.


Next a panel of white cardstock was embossed with a 3D embossing folder then adhered to a white card base.  The peony image was glued directly to the embossed panel, then I lightly splattered it was gold metallic paint.  While that dried, the large sentiment was die cut from brushed gold paper and black cardstock, and the sub-sentiment gold heat embossed on black, then die cut.  After they were adhered to the card, I was done.  Note that the sub-sentiment did not photograph well, especially in the photo below, but in real life it looks fine.  There's something about photographing metallics or shiny things...


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take care!

Stef

All products from Altenew unless otherwise noted.
Stamps:  Gracious Peonies 
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pitch Black (Hero Arts), Brushed Gold
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Altenew Obsidian Black, Versamark
Other:  Gracious Peonies die, Versatile Greetings dies, Featured Sentiment die, Diamond Stars 3D embossing folder, Antique Gold embossing powder, Metallic Gold paint
Copics:  YR09, 16, Y38, 17, G28, 05, 14

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've colored these beautifully, Stef! Fabulous card!

Karen said...

Steph, your coloring is just fabulous! The card design is also wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

Stef, it's always wonderful to see one of your cards in our gallery at Color Hues! I love the big bloom decked out in bold shades and your beautiful coloring! The gold and dimension of the embossing add the perfect touch. Fabulous!

Nancy said...

I just get so excited and inspired when I see your colored florals, Stef! This is so pretty and I am once again thrilled to see this wonderful card in our gallery at Color Hues. Thanks for playing along! HUGS!

Julie B said...

Great colouring of those fabulous peonies, the gold sentiment looks fab. I agree photographing mirror card is a nightmare but so pleased you managed and linked up at Color Hues. :)

Hannelie said...

I LOVE how the challenge colors just pop against that beautiful white embossed BG!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!