Saturday, October 15, 2022

Thinking of You for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  I have my reminder card for The Flower Challenge to share with you today.  If you choose to join us (remember -it's our birthday and there are lots of prizes to be won!) you have until the 25th to upload your card, and we'd love to have you celebrate with us this month!


I'm also joining current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More, which is to use die cuts and/or stencils.


 
For this card I decided to use a beautiful embossing folder and matching stencil to create my floral images.


I started with a panel of #110 Neenah Solar White, misted it lightly on both sides than ran it through my die cutting machine with the Fragrant Florals 3D embossing folder.  I used the low temp on my heat gun to dry it before ink blending through the stencils.


I used three colors of purple in coloring the flowers, two on the petals and the darkest in the flower centers and for the berries.  I used two shades of green for the leaves, intensifying some to give a little bit of variation.  With the stenciling complete, a white gel pen was used to highlight the ends of the flower stamen and a light brown Copic marker for the thin stems.  The panel was then trimmed down to A2 size and adhered directly to the white card base.  The sentiment was stamped in the darkest purple, die cut and layered on two additional die cuts, then adhered to the card.  It was a fun change from using my Copic markers and to achieve a different look.


I'm so glad you took time to stop by!  Please be sure to use the link above to take a peek at all the beautiful inspiration by the other DT members and hopefully join us this month!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Black-Eyed Susans (sentiment/Simon Says Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Heather, Violet, Iris Aspen, Sage and Pine (SSS)
Other:  Fragrant Florals embossing folder and stencils, Black-Eyed Susans word die, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, E43 Copic marker

5 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card Stef and I love these beautiful flowers and the soft look you created. So stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, Stef this is fantastic!

TaeEun said...

What a beautiful card, Stef! I love the violet blue flowers and the soft blending on the petals!!!

Bobby said...

I'm really enjoying the look you get with stenciling embossed images, Stef, and your card is beautifully done.

Inkyfingers said...


Such lovely flowers, and you have coloured them beautifully, Stef. Love the way you placed the folder to the side of the card and I love the sentiment too! What a gorgeous and elegant card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x