Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Bold Bouquet for The Flower Challenge Reminder

Hello and welcome! It's mid-month, which means it's time for our reminder post at The Flower Challenge! This month we are using scraps (paper scraps, unused bits for other projects, you get the picture) and you have until the 25th to upload your card.  I sure hope you'll join us!


For my first DT card here, I added a metallic die cut sentiment and a die cut slimline panel that had been unused from prior projects.  For my card today, I pulled out an alcohol ink background that I'd created some months ago and never used, and stenciled a large floral image on it using embossing paste.  I saw Mindy Eggen do this same technique with the same stencil here on You Tube and thought it would work beautifully for this challenge.  The sentiment was also a leftover that I found tucked in with the die set.


The alcohol ink panel was created using Ranger Amethyst, Tranquil Pearl and Silver Mixative.  The large flower at the bottom unfortunately covers up most of the Tranquil Pearl but you can see it bit of it midway up the right side.  I used a new-to-me embossing paste and it had a rather thick, gooey consistency but since my other embossing paste had dried up, I forged ahead. It didn't come out absolutely perfect but then using embossing paste rarely does (at least for me lol!). After the stenciling was done, the panel was set aside to dry. 


I decided to mat the image on silver so a panel of Matte Silver cardstock was die cut with one of the Mix and Match Frame dies.  When the stenciled panel was dry I trimmed it down but felt like it needed another layer between it and the silver.  So I used nested rectangle dies to cut it down along with a slightly larger panel of black glossy cardstock.  All three layers were adhered directly to the white card base, then the sentiment was added using foam tape, and that finished things off!


Thanks for so much for visiting!  Be sure to use the link above to enjoy all the gorgeous creations by the other DT members and hopefully join us by the 25th of the month!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver and Glossy Black cardstock, Ranger Heavyweight Yupo, Black
Ink:  None
Other:  Ranger Alcohol Inks - Amethyst, Tranquil Pearl and Silver Mixative, Pastillage Texture Paste, Altenew Mix and Match Frames dies, Gina K Bold Bouquet Stencil, Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die, Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle dies

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely birthday card, Stef! I like the elegance the silver adds!

I Card Everyone said...

Stef this gorgeous panel works beautifully for your stenciled blooms!
You girls - are always coaxing me to like blue! It may be working!
=]

Bobby said...

It would give me palpatations to cover an alcohol panel with paste, Stef, the but results are stunning.