Thursday, October 21, 2021

Jingle All the Way!

Hello and welcome! For this blog post, I'm sharing a card that I made for the challenges at Color Hues and Freshly Made Sketches.



I love that both the colors and sketch worked perfectly for making a fun Christmas card!


This Birdie Brown stamp set had always been on my wish list and when MFT opened the vault to her stamps and dies last Spring (I think), I made sure I picked up this set!  Santa was first colored with Copic markers then die cut with an Essential Arches die, then layered on a larger die arch die cut from Desert Storm.  Next a panel of red was stamped with a Christmas text background using white pigment ink and when that panel dried, it was cut down with a rectangle die.


I took a strip of embossed Desert Storm and adhered it to a white card base.  Next the red panel was added with foam tape, then our joyous Santa panel was added with thin foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on red cardstock, then die cut and added below Santa with thin foam tape.  I thought I was done, then decided to add three white snowflakes for a little added interest.  So fun!


So glad you took time to visit!  Take care and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Jingle All the Way, Christmas Background (both MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Real Red (SU), Desert Storm
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Other:  Magnetic 3D embossing folder (Simon Says Stamp), A2 Rectangle Stax die (MFT), Essential Arches dies (Ellen Hutson), Fishtail Foundations die (MFT), Snow Flakes (ret. SU)
Copics:  E11, 21, 51, R59, 46, 27, 14, 20, T2, 0, C7, 5, 4, 3, 1, 0, Y26

6 comments:

Karen said...

This card is absolutely delightful! I love that Santa and your card design is wonderful--love the arches, the patterned paper and embossed strip! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is such a cute card! I love those Santa images! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Lindsey said...

I adore this Santa, and he is so cute here! Perfectly coloured, no surprise. ;) Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

One of my favorite Santas to date! In fact, I don't own him but my best friend does, so I stamped a few to bring home. Now if only I could color like you! Awesome job! Thanks for your support at Color Hues and have a great weekend!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is one of my favorite Santa images and he looks gorgeous, Stef! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This little guy makes me smile! I love the fun-ness that this card brings. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!