Thursday, October 21, 2021

Hugs and a Birthday

Hello and welcome! In this blogpost I'm sharing two different cards for two separate challenges - the CAS birthday theme at The Paper Players and color week at Just Us Girls.

I'll start with the card for The Paper Players.


I made a fun card for a young great niece and used some nice, bright colors.


I started by coloring the giraffe who is obviously having a great time at the birthday party!  I used a rainbow assortment of colors for the balloons in the background but made sure to include a bright pink one to match the card base.  Next the colored panel was trimmed down and adhered to a polaroid die cut where the sentiment was stamped.  The card base was stamped all over using Versamark ink with a balloon bundle stamp.  Lastly the main image was mounted on the card base with foam tape.  Quick and easy!


Next up is the card for Just Us Girls.


This card is also very CAS although it took longer to make because I used colored pencils for the flowers rather than my usual Copics.


After the flowers were stamped, I used the stencil that accompanied the stamp set to ink on a base color for the leaves and flowers.  Then I used a yellow and two reddish browns to add some depth and contrast to the flowers and a couple of greens for the leaves.  I know I need to spend more time using my colored pencils so I can get better at adding contrast, but admittedly I am not the most patient person in the world lol!  Still I thought the soft look was fine for this type of card (comfort or sympathy).


Next I took a 3D embossed white panel and gently ink blended two shades of turquoise, trying to keep the ink just on the top images for a very subtle effect.  It was trimmed down and adhered to the white cardstock, then the die cut flowers and leaves were glued directly to the embossed panel before adding the layered sentiment.  The last touch was to add three sequins.

If you've made it this far, I appreciate it!  Thanks for taking time to visit and take care!

Stef


Card #1
Stamps:  Picture Perfect Party Animals, Balloon Bundle (both MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Magenta Madness (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Versafine Clair Black
Other:  Polaroid Shaker Frame die (MFT), Copic markers

Card#2
Stamps:  Craft Your Life Project-Rose Garden (Altenew), Perfect Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Warm Sunshine, Frayed Leaf, Sea Breeze and Turquoise (Altenew)
Other:  Garden Rose dies, Garden Rose 3D embossing folder, Perfect Sentiments die, Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils

5 comments:

Caro said...

What a wonderful fun, bright and happy card! Your coloring is great. TFS

Lisa Kind said...

Your first card is so cute! Great coloring! The second card is beautiful. I love the way you created the background. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Debbie Crowley said...

Great pop of color and plenty of white space. Love your balloons. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

Love that giraffe...his balloons are amazing! You always do a great job with coloring! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Jaydee said...

OK... I haven't seen the giraffe before.. I think I need to go on a little trip to find him :-) As always, beautifully colored. Such a wonderful spot of brightness - guaranteed to brighten anyone's day So glad you shared this with us at The Papeer Playeres this week
Jaydee