Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Coffee House Slimline

Hello and welcome!  Today I'm privileged to be guest designing for Addicted to Stamps!  The new challenge is Make Your Mark.


For my card I used another favorite stamp illustrated by Anita Jeram for the Colorado Craft Company. All these images were perfect to populate at slimline style card.


These mice tickle me so much!  Of course, I would never love having a mouse in my kitchen (or that of my favorite coffee house), but on paper? Just. Too. Cute!  I began by stamping everything on white cardstock, coloring all of images with Copic markers, then using the coordinating dies to cut them out.  The sentiment was stamped then die cut with a rounded rectangle and decorated with a couple of extra coffee beans.


To create the background, a panel of Bristol paper was cut to 8 3/4" x 3 5/8", ink blended with yellow and aqua distress inks, then adhered directly to the white card base measuring 9" x 4".  This is a bit larger than the standard slimline card, but I needed the extra real estate to create my scene and I have a die to make the larger size envelope.

After determining the layout of the scene, I adhered some of the images directly to the panel and others were popped up with foam tape, as was the sentiment.  A simple card in context but a bit time consuming to color and adhere everything.  But it was a labor of love and in the end I was so pleased with how it turned out - I hope you do too!


Thanks for taking time to visit, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the fabulous DT member cards and hopefully be inspired to play along with this challenge!

Take care and stay safe!

Stef


Stamps:  Coffee House (Anita Jeram for Colorado Coffee Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Squeezed Lemonade and Salvaged Patina Distress
Other:  Coffee House dies, Rounded Rectangle die
Copics:  Mice - T4, 2, 0, R20; Metal Parts - C5, 3, 1, 0; Bags and wood grinder base - E37, 35, 33, 31; Coffee & beans - E29, 27, 25, 23, 21; French Press - BG07, 45, 53; Cup - Y26, 08, 04, 00

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is so adorable! Although I am with you, mice are so much better on a card than actually in a kitchen or café. :D Your colouring and blended background are awesome.

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Stef, your mice card is soo cute!
Although I prefer tea instead of coffee I just love it! :-)
Your stunning background blending offers a great harmony for the busy scene in the front and the colour matching kitchen supplies make the card perfect!

Greetings from Wiebke

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card, Stef and I love those cute little mice. Indeed they are such clever mice to be able to make coffee from scratch like that lol! Great colouring and beautiful background ink blending too. I must try blending on Bristol card.
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG, Stef, I LOVE your adorable card ! I'm so fan too with Anita Jeram stamps and these ones are no exception. The scene you've built is wonderful, as well as your colouring. And this background combo is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for being our talented Guest Designer for this challenge.