Sunday, October 3, 2021

Be Merry for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome! It's time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps!  It's a great one for the end of summer into fall and even as a non-traditional for Christmas (as I did).  


I'm also sharing my card with Addicted to Stamps and the current Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.



I decided to use teal, red and ochre for my fun mini-slimline card.


It's hard for me to resist any stamps illustrated by Anita Jeram and I particularly loved this one because 1) it's cute and 2) because of the sentiments included in the set, it can be used for either a birthday or holidays. However, the sentiment I used today is from another stamp set because it fit the slimline size better.

Copics were used to color the image then I used gold and silver gel pens to dress it up by either going over patterns that were stamped in black or create polka dots or stripes.  When all that was done, it was die cut with the matching die.


I created a white card base that measures 6.25" x 3.25", then trimmed down a separate white panel that was just an eighth of an inch smaller, wrapped some red ribbon around it and adhered the panel to the base.  Next Volcano Lake ink was blended onto another panel of white, which was then die cut with a mini-slimline rectangle die.  That panel was layered on one of gold then popped up on the card base with thin foam tape, then the sweet mouse and sentiment also added with thin foam tape.  I found some tiny gold stars in a sequin mix and glued them to the panel for that little bit of bling.


Thanks for taking time to visit!  I hope you'll use the link above to check out all the fabulous cards by the other DT members and join us for this great color challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Big Love, Party Time (both AJ by Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Tonic Gold Pearl
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Volcano Lake (Altenew)
Other:  Big Love and Party Time dies, Marvy Reminisce Gold and Silver gel pens, Mini Slimline Essential Bundle die (Pinkfresh), Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen, Real Red ribbon (ret. Stampin' Up), gold stars
Copics:  E35, 33, 31, 30, R59, 46, 27, 20, 14, BG49, 13, 23, 11, YR23, Y19, 15, 11

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is so cute! I love the slimline design with the tower of presents. Beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Melissa Grant said...

Stef! What a fun sweet card! Your coloring is 😍 and is lovely eye candy! Nice touches with the metallic pens too!