Friday, December 4, 2020

Radiant Ornament

Hello friends and welcome back!  I'm been madly making Christmas cards and these wonderful challenges are definitely helping me out!  For this card I was inspired by the Festive Friday board (blue, snowflakes and metallics).


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is "Fun With Dies".

I began with an Audrey Blue card base, stamping a Christmas background stamp in white pigment ink. I then used a blending tool to softly add more white ink around the edges of the card.  While I let that dry, I moved onto the next step.


The Radiant Ornament stamp is a layering stamp from Birch Press and I think it is amazingly beautiful! I cut the three layers, the bottom is a icy blue foil cardstock, the next layer is white, and the top layer is from white glitter paper.  The ornament topper was die cut from silver foil.  Lots of shine and sparkle IRL!


With the die cutting complete, the ornament was adhered together, then added to the front of the card base.  The sentiment strip was trimmed down and popped up with a bit of foam tape. The snowflake embellishments were adhered directly to the card base, then beautiful crystals added to the middle for that added bit of bling.  And that finished things off!


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you're continuing to remain safe and healthy these days.  Do take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Christmas Background (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Audrey Blue and White Glitter (Simon Says Stamp), 6x6" Foil Cardstock (Memory Box), CZ Design Sentiment Strips-Reverse Christmas (SSS)
Ink:  Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Other:  Radiant Ornament dies (Birch Press), Snowflakes (ret. SU), Ocean Wave Crystals (Studio Katia)

2 comments:

Melva Peters said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Fridays!

Beth McCullough said...

Gorgeous card Stef! I love all the details you added including the white ink around the edges and little snowflakes with rhinestones. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. I hope you keep coming back.
Blessings,
Beth McCullough-DT