Sunday, December 27, 2020

Big Hugs for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends and welcome back!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  It is time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps!  The color board reflects beautiful choices of a light grayish blue, a dark navy blue plus three shades of green. 


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is sparkle and shine, for which an aqua pen was used on the letters of the sentiment for some nice sparkle.

These colors are so lovely, and while they would work well for a Christmas/holiday/winter card, I decided to go a different route.  I did use a background stamp that was part of a Christmas release last year, but I think it could be used for any season and many occasions.


The Leaves and Berries background stamp was inked up with Versamark, stamped on a Seaside Spray card base and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  Three Zig markers were used to color it, a dark blue for the berries then medium and dark olive greens for the leaves. I decided to forgo any blending because I didn't want the cardstock to pill, so I just randomly alternated between the two greens when coloring the leaves.


With the background complete, I moved onto the sentiment, were the word "hugs" was die cut from navy cardstock 4 times, adhered together then added to the white shadow layer.  I added some double sided adhesive to a sheet of pearlescent vellum, then die cut the heart.  After the heart was added to the card base, the sentiment was adhered over it and the letters painted with the shimmer pen.  A few beautiful sapphire jewels were added for the final touch.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy, and have a fun week ahead as we usher in 2021!  

Be sure to use the link above to check out the challenge and all the beautiful cards by the other DT members.  I hope you'll find time to join us!

Stef


Stamps:  Leaves and Berries Background (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Soft Navy (SSS), Seaside Spray (SU), Pearlescent vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versamark; Olive Green, Mid Green and Peacock Blue Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers
Other:  Detail white embossing powder (SSS), Hugs Dies (SSS), Nesting Hearts Infinity dies (Hero Arts), Dark Sapphire Mix Jewels (Little Things from Lucy's Cards)

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

This is so lovely. I like that you stamped on colored cardstock and then colored in the leaves. Such pretty design!!