Thursday, December 10, 2020

Poinsettia Christmas

Welcome back friends!  I think I'm in the home stretch for getting my Christmas cards completed, including the card I'm sharing today, which was made for the current challenge at Color Hues.

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is "Let it Snow".


I started with a panel of Distress White Heavystock and ink blended a light blue over the entire panel, concentrating the most color in the bottom right.  Next I used a snow stencil and Distress grit-paste to add snow in the upper left part of the card.  While that dried I worked on the poinsettias.


The flowers were stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I absolutely love this color combination of magenta and blue! For the flower centers, I used a gold metallic sharpie. After coloring, they were die cut with the coordinating dies. The stenciled panel was trimmed down then the flowers added to the corner, layering with foam tape.  The sentiment was also adhered with foam tape, then to finish things off, a few matte gold sequins were added and the flowers painted with a shimmer pen.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Poinsettia (Waffle Flower), Holiday Greeting Mix 1 (SSS)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Distress White Heavystock (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Sky Blue (PinkFresh Studios)
Other:  Poinsettia matching dies, Distress Grit-Paste (Ranger), Falling Snow stencil (SSS), Gold matte sequins, Gold metallic Sharpie, Aqua Shimmer pen
Copics:  RV69, 27, 55, 52

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, my word is this gorgeous Stef! The soft blue background and the matte sequins are such a great touch to showcase those gorgeous poinsettias. Stunning Christmas card! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Color Hues. Take care!

Vicky Hayes said...

My goodness this is a stunner Stef! I love the texture you've introduced with the paste snow and those poinsettias are glorious. The sentiment you chose has given the whole card a modern twist - fonts are SO important aren't they! Vicky x

PS Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - it was my goal to become part of a DT this year!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is just fabulous, and the subtle blue behind those beautiful poinsettias is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lindsey said...

This is such a beautiful card! Terrific idea to use the magenta tones for poinsettias, and they look gorgeous against the snow and the blue. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!