Sunday, November 15, 2020

Peace, Love & Joy for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends, and welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps, where we have a wonderful sketch by Amy to spark our creativity.


I began by stamping the sweet scene with the bunny and deer on white card then colored with Copic markers.  This stamp set was created for the Colorado Craft Company by Anita Jeram, who is a well-known illustrator of children's books.  I love her style and was so smitten I just had to buy a couple of the stamp sets.  I used the other one here for a birthday card.


I started the coloring with the blue sky background.  Sometimes Copics will not provide a smooth coloring over a large space.  In this case, it wasn't too bad, but with some white gouache splattered gently over the panel (flicked on with an old toothpaste brush), it wasn't especially noticeable.  After all the coloring was complete and before adding the splatter I used a white gel pen to add snow to the tree branches and some on the leaves on the bushes.


After all the paint dried, the panel was cut with an oval die and matted with a slightly larger white oval.  The white card base was layered with a piece of very light gray polka dot patterned paper, then the main image popped up with fun foam for dimension.  The sentiment strip was trimmed down and adhered, then three retired SU snowflakes were added for the elements on the sketch, and topped with iridescent jewels for a bit of sparkle.  All in all, a very quick card to put together.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy, and have a great week ahead!

Be sure to use the link above to check out the beautiful cards by the other DT members, and hopefully join us for this great sketch challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Snow Happy (Colorado Craft Company/Anita Jeram)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, 9x4 Winter Hues Paper Collection (Trinity Stamps), CZ Design Reverse Christmas Sentiment Strips (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle, Versafine Pinecone
Other:  Essential Ovals dies (Ellen Hutson), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, White Gouache, Snowflakes, Iridescent Jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things)
Copics:  B01, G46, E47, 44, 37, 34, 31, 30, W5, 3, 1, BV20

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable! I am still waiting for my CCC stamps to arrive...now I might need to put in another order! What a sweet image and I love your coloring and shading as well as the sentiment and snowflakes!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Stef,
I am so happy I came to your blog today! This peaceful scene couldn't be more beautiful. Besides your lovely coloring- there's the toothbrush idea. How come I never thought of that? Oh my, I may need these images!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Stef...your cards are always a delight! This is one of the sweetest images ever! It gives me warm fuzzies to look at it.

Cindy Beach said...

Thank you so much, dear Stef! This stamp is on its way to me! Found one of the last available, I think! I think you and I must be obsessed at about the same level, lol!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Before I started reading, I was thinking this looked like a children's book illustration in style - and your post explains all. I love the soft, whimsy feel and the snowy feel. Just beautiful!

Melissa Grant said...

Stef, your card is beautiful! I love the illustration style of these stamps and your coloring really brings the image to life. The snow effect is quite lovely!