Friday, November 20, 2020

Bearing Gifts

Howdy friends!  Welcome back, I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy!  I have a fun card that I created using the beautiful colors for this week's challenge at Color Throwdown.


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Christmas.

Of course, it's Christmas card crunch time so I took this opportunity to add yet another to my small but growing stash.  I used one of the cute images from Christmas Selfies by MFT.


I started by stamping the bear on white card and coloring him with Copic markers.  I used the light tan/cream color from the challenge for the background.  When the coloring was complete, a white gel pen was used to add polka dots to the package and a kind of plaid design to the scarf.  The image was cut down to a square that would fit behind the Polaroid Shaker Frame, also die cut from white card, adhered then the sentiment added below.  This will be perfect to send to one of my grands with a gift card inside.


Keeping this card pretty simple, a panel of white was die cut with a deckled rectangle and mounted to the white card base with fun foam. After die cutting the snowflakes from white glitter paper, they were arranged and then glued down, with the main image added on top with foam tape. And that was it!  Easy peasy!


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, even if you're not able to be with those you love this year.

Stef


Stamps:  Christmas Selfies (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, White Glitter (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other: Sensational Snowflakes and Lea Snowflake dies, Polaroid Shaker Frame die (MFT), Deckled Rectangle die (Waffle Flower), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV99, 69, 17, 09, BG49, 32, 11, E41, W5, 3, 1, C3, 0

1 comment:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this adorable card! Your coloring is superb and I'm so glad you played along with us at CTD!