Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sweater Weather for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week the amazing Claire is hosting Fall Critters for our monthly theme challenge.

I'm also joining the current Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

I chose to use one of my favorite stamp sets that fits the PP theme exactly, with the cute critters from Sweater Weather. Hanging around with their coffee mugs and fun sweaters just cracks me up! 


The critters were stamped on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copic markers, then die cut with the coordinating dies.  The sentiment from another stamp set was stamped on Ivory with Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink, then trimmed down.  Next, a number of Distress Oxide inks were blended in a gradiant on a panel of Bristol paper, then splattered with water and Rusty Hinge and set aside to dry.


The Ivory card base was layered with a trimmed down sheet of Harvest Festival patterned paper.  The frame was die cut three times, the top layer in the yummy Cinnamon Cider card stock, adhered together then glued to the dry and trimmed down blended panel, then added to the card base.  The sentiment and critters were popped up with foam tape and I thought I was finished.  But I thought it still needed a little somethin' somethin' more, so I used three long retired SU wood elements to add that finishing touch.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you continue to remain safe and healthy, and have a great week ahead!

Be sure to use the link above to check out our latest PP challenge and to the other DT members below for some amazing inspiration!

Stef



Stamps:  Sweater Weather (MFT), Jack-O-Lantern (sentiment, Honey Bee)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Ivory (SSS), Cinnamon Cider (SU), Strathmore Bristol, Harvest Festival (HB)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle; Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey and Scattered Straw DOX
Other:  Blueprints 27 frame die (MFT), Sweater Weather matching dies, wood elements (ret.SU), Crystal Glaze (owl's glasses)
Copics:  Moose-E37, 35, 34, 33, 31; Sweater YR18, 07, 16, Y17, YR27, 24, Y19, 15; Owl E47, 44, 43, 42; Sweater YR27, 24, Y19, 15; Fox: E19, YR18, 14, 21; Sweater BG78, 49, 45; Beaver: E49, 47, 44, 43; Sweater YR18, 07, 16, Y15

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

These little critters take the cake..or the mug, maybe I should say! They are as sweet as can be! I would never be able to color them as well as you do, so I will just enjoy them on your card!

laurie said...

LOVE this! So cute! Done perfectly.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh my goodness, Stef - cuteness overload! So many things about your card make me happy, and it truly is a work of art. As always, I'm blown away by your colouring, and use of colour. The hexagonal/honeycomb paper is perfect for your design. Just love this!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I have to agree with Christine - this is cuteness overload - in the best possible way! Once again, an incredible coloring job. Gorgeous card
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Stef, this is sooooo fabulous! I love all your "Fall" critters! As always your coloring amazes me. These critters look real! Everything about this card is happy! Thank you for making my challenge shine, My Friend!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Wow wow wow! This card - from the "window" design to those adorable swater-clad critters - is just perfect! I love everything about it! Excellent job, Stef!!

Ida said...

Super cute card. Those critters are adorable and colored beautifully. I like your layout too.

Ann Schach said...

Too cute, Stef! As usual, your color is absolutely perfect. I love this window die. And these cute critters...they look so comfy in their sweaters, drinking their hot chocolate. Such a wonderful card!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this is DARLING!! As always your coloring really brought these little critters to life, too. That little beaver just cracks me up and I love that everyone is sporting their fall sweaters. Haha! The little leaves and acorn are the perfect finishing touch. Cute!