Thursday, October 22, 2020

Magic for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello, friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge.  This week I am hosting and bring you this fun board to spark your creativity!  


I'm also joining the current challenge at Fusion where the current theme is Purple Night.  I think my card works pretty well for that!


In addition, I'm joining a brand new challenge blog called Two Old Bats Halloween challenge (hilarious!). The fabulous Dar and Diane from the Double D Challenge have created this fun new monthly challenge.  Looking forward to playing in the coming months.


For my card I went along the bottom row of the Tic Tac Toe board (scary, Halloween, purple).  I've had this fabulous dragon from a 2019 Stamptember set from Tim Holtz and decided he would be perfect in purple!


Isn't he just creepily delicious?  My family loves Halloween and I know my oldest grandson is going to love getting this.  I'll be sending my middle grandson the Halloween card here that I made for tttc085.  To begin, the dragon was stamped on Bristol paper and colored with Copic markers.  He was then masked off so the background could be ink blended with Distress Inks, then splattered with water and black gesso.  After the panel dried it was die cut with an oval die and layered on a larger black oval.


To create the background, a panel of Rich Razzleberry was stenciled with plum Nuvo Shimmer paste through a swirling star stencil that came with the stamp set.  Once that dried and was trimmed down, it was adhered directly to the black card base.  Next the main image was added with foam tape.  The sentiment, which I think is so droll it cracks me up, also came with the stamp set.  It was heat set on black, die cut with a label die and adhered to the bottom of the main image.  And that finished things off!


Thanks so much for visiting, it's really appreciated!  I've added a link to the challenge above so I hope you check it out along with all the fabulous cards by the other DT members, and hopefully join in the fun this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Stamptember2019 (Tim Holtz for Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Black, Rich Razzleberry, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot Distress
Other:  Essential Oval dies (Ellen Hutson), White Detail embossing powder (SSS), Dina Wakely Black Gesso, Star Swirl Stencil, Plum Spinel Nuvo Shimmer paste
Copics:  V09, 06, 05, 12, YG17, 23, 01, 00, Y23, 26, YR23, C5, 1

6 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG! This is SPOOKtacular Stef!! Your image is so creepy fun and your coloring is AMAZING! Both on the image and the backgrounds ... GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our *NEW* Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back next month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Definitely a case of so ugly he's cute! This card just cracks me up Stef!

Annie S. said...

He is almost too cute to spook! Your coloring is stunning, Stef! Faboolous Halloween card and I know the grandson will love it!

Greta said...

Wow--striking & fun!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! your coloring of this fabulous image and the background is amazing. This Dragon reminded me of the movie "How To Train Your Dragon", it looks like one of those flying around, so much fun.
Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this dragon! The tongue... I laughed out loud! That's a face only a mother could love. Seriously, this is no ordinary card. It's beautifully colored, and inky fabulousness all over it. WOW! I took a peek at your other card, too. You have a great eye. Thanks so much for sharing with us at our first Two Old Bats Halloween challenge. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this!