Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Corner Noel

Welcome back!  It's been fun to be on vacation this week and able to spend time making cards for various challenges I don't always have time to join in on.  Today my card was made for this week's Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, using Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder and Chocolate Chip, and as part of Throwback Thursday at WPlus9.  I also used this week's tutorial at Splitcoaststampers to make a really cool Decorative Corner Card - here's a link to the tutorial (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/decorativecornercard/).



I only have one WPlus9 stamp set, the beautiful Iconic Christmas that I purchased 3 years ago before I joined Stampin' Up as a demonstrator.  It has been long neglected so when I saw the WPlus9 challenge to use an older stamp set, I decided to dust it off and use it.  The Decorative Corner Card was fun and easy to make, thanks to the really nice tutorial.  To make it you use a regular A2 size piece of card stock, score at even distances and adhere together to make a tall skinny box, which you then decorate with smaller panels.  The focal point is added with a hinge or two (see the tutorial, it's super easy), and the cool thing is that it lays flat and fits into a regular A2 envelope.


The tree was stamped in Tip Top Taupe and the girl in Watermelon Wonder, then both were cut with matching dies.  The "stars" stamp was also inked in Tip Top Taupe, but stamped off to lighten the color before applying randomly to the Very Vanilla oval.  I decided to add Silver Foil stars to the tree that were punched with the Confetti Stars punch, and also added to the ornament the girl is about to hand on the tree.


The designer series paper used to cover the Tip Top Taupe panel is from the long retired Christmas Cocoa Specialty dsp, in fact some of my last pieces of that particular design.  I was so surprised to see how it matched the current In Color, but it looks perfect with it, even under bright light.

Thanks for dropping by and taking a look today.  As always, your visit and comments mean so much!  Please be sure to use the links above and check out the challenges and the tutorial - lots of wonderful inspiration to be had!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for my family and friends, and all that is good in this world, especially in these difficult times.  Take care and God bless.

Hugs,

Stef

No comments: