Saturday, November 7, 2015

Corner Color Crush

Hello again!  Tonight I want to share a card I made for the beautiful inspiration challenge this week at Just Add Ink. Because I love the colors sooo much, I had to put my Christmas card making aside in order to join this challenge.


Arent' those purples, pinks, greens and yellows incredibly beautiful?  I was temped to use leaves to mimic the left panel, but then I thought about coloring glossy white paper with a sponge dauber and decided to go in a completely opposite direction.


Yes, I went back to Spring to use these colors.  Maybe it was the unending hard rain this Fall day that made me long for sunnier and warmer Spring days!  The Corner Garden stamp was inked with Versamark, stamped on a piece of glossy white card stock, then heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss powder.  To begin, I started with Cucumber Crush on the leafy parts, and the center of the daisy on the left, then added Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Calypso Coral, just swirling the daubers over the flowers and overlapping in places, trying not to muddy the colors.  I used a paper towel to remove the excess ink after sponging each different color.


When the coloring was complete, I trimmed the sides with my paper cutter, fussy cut the interior, then adhered it to a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of Whisper White card stock.  The sentiment, from the Circle of Spring stamp set, was stamped in Melon Mambo and after cutting the corner with the Curvy Corner Trio punch, was popped up on dimensionals atop a 4.5" x 5.75" Melon Mambo card base.  The Rhinestone Basic Jewel was added after coloring with a Rich Razzleberry Blendability marker. I used a slightly larger card size because I thought having an edge of Melon Mambo would make the main image really pop.

Thanks for looking today.  I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!  Also, don't forget to use the link above to see all the wonderful inspiration at JAI.

I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful, regardless of the weather!

Hugs,

Stef

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is such a beautiful card! I love the way you've coloured the images, and fussy-cut that 'front' panel; love the punched corner; love the vibrant colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. xx

KimB said...

Love your idea of taking the Autumn colours and using them to give all those lovely flowers some wonderful jewel like tones Stef! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.