Monday, June 24, 2013

Sweet Party Cake

Hi there and welcome back!  I have a card to share that I made for the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  Continuing with my desire to use up retired designer paper (of which I have A LOT!) this card uses Sweet Shop on a card for my granddaughter's 8th birthday.






































Here's the fun sketch and link to PPA:



Because balloons float (ha ha) the circle at bottom right became the balloons at top left, otherwise I stayed true to the sketch.  The balloons were stamped in Versamark, then Strawberry Slush, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  They were popped up on dimensionals after I'd drawn strings with an Early Espresso marker.

The cake image was stamped first on Whisper White in Strawberry Slush, then stamped a second time on a separate piece of paper in Versamark, then heat embossed in Early Espresso embossing powder.  I trimmed the second image of the cake dish out, colored the bottom portion with a Pool Party marker and then adhered it with dimensionals.





The ribbon is the new Ruffled Stretch Trim in Strawberry Slush and it acted as kind of base for the stamped image.  The cherries atop the cupcakes in the designer paper were all decorated with Dazzling Details, then rhinestones adhered at different corners for some added bling.  I mean, what eight year old girl does not want things bright and sparkly?

Thanks for dropping by today!  If you have a moment, I'd love to hear from you.

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Bring on the Cake, Party This Way
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Sweet Shop dp
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Versamark
Accessories:  Early Espresso and Clear Embossing Powder, Strawberry Slush Ruffle Stretch Trim, Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Details




4 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet card, Stef! I think your granddaughter will love it. I love the balloons and the cake sitting on the Strawberry Slush Ribbon. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts. Good luck using up your DSP!

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is just so CUTE!! I think it will be a huge hit with your grand-daughter. Love the colours you've used, and the ruffle ribbon is adorable. I also like the popped-up images ... just too many lovely details!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza, Steff! I love the balloons! The texture is awesome. Of course, I love the ribbon. This was a perfect use and placement for it. And what girl doesn't love bling! You did a wonderful job with this challenge. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This is a fabulous card! I love all the fussy-cutting and dimension. Great embellishments, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!