Monday, June 10, 2013

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hi there again!  Today I have a card made with the new Hostess set Simply Sketched.  It's such a beautiful stamp set with lovely images, it was on my radar from the first time I cracked open the new catalogue!!


Sadly, the first card I made with the set was for a dear friend at work that unexpectedly lost her husband the end of May.  I chose the colors to be comforting and yet feminine.  The flowers were stamped with Jet Black Stazon on Whisper White, then I used a blender pen to color the flowers with Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding.  The bud and a 2nd flower were fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals



An oval cut piece of the new Smoky Slate card stock was used for the frame to the main focal piece.  The color is such a nice, light gray, I look forward to using it more.  Speaking of new colors, if you are a fan of pink, do you not love the new Strawberry Slush color?  Seriously, it is a gorgeous, rich color that I plan on using a lot.



Some White Organza and Basic Pearls finish off this card.

Well, thanks for taking a look, I appreciate your visit and hope you have a moment to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Simply Sketched
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Strawberry Slush
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories:  Ovals Collection framelits, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Corner Rounder and Eyelet Border punches, White Organza ribbon, Basic Pearls, Lattice Square embossing folder



2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is really beautiful, Stef. I, too, LOVE that new stamp set, and the new colours ... and you've used them to perfection.

Susan said...

This is gorgeous, Stephanie! You've outdone yourself once again!