Sunday, July 12, 2026

La Dolce Vita Birthday for PP794

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at the Paper Players and this week the amazing Jaydee is hosting.  This is color week and Jaydee has chosen a gorgeous combination.

My card uses products that have been languishing in my unused bin, so I'll be sharing this at Darnell's NBUS challenge.


I'm also joining the Anything Goes option at Seize the Birthday and the Summer Vibe challenge at Inkspirational.




I had so much fun creating the first card that I ended up making two.



I started by cutting the lemons, flowers and leaves from colored cardstock that coordinated with Jaydee's challenge colors and then enhanced them with some ink blending.  

The embossed background was made using Shortbread cardstock from Concord & 9th.  It appears a lot lighter in the photos - in person it is the yummiest warm color between ivory and light yellow.  It was trimmed down and added to a black matte.

The sentiments are from a coordinating Betterpress set, which I inked up in black then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  As someone who doesn't speak Italian, I always thought ciao was goodbye, but learned it can also mean hello.  So the greeting reads hello beautiful and I like the versatility of that.  Paired with the sub greeting above, I can use it for a birthday or many other occasions.

For the second card, I kind of when overboard with the flowers lol! 



This time I die cut everything from white cardstock then ink blended them for a slightly different look.  I used the same embossed background but added the arch panel as a landing spot for all the die cuts.  The sentiment is from the same Betterpress set and I finished this off with a few opal gems.  


Do you have a favorite?  I like them both, but I like the look of the ink blending on white for card #2 a bit better.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to take a moment to visit the challenge blog, my talented teammates have some amazing cards using these colors in a variety of ways.  The challenge will remain open until July 17th at 3pm EDT.  I hope you'll join us!

Stef


Card #1

  • Spellbinders Citrus Spritz die set
  • SB La Dolce Vita Betterpress plate and die
  • SB Lemon Fresco embossing folder
  • SB Blush, Tutu and Rainforest cardstock
  • C&9 Buttercup and Shortbread cardstock
Card #2 (same die and sentiment sets, and embossing folder)
  • SB Essential Arch die
  • Simon Says Stamp Shell, Salmon, Coral, Guava, Watermelon, Limelicious and Pearfection inks
  • SB Opal gems

18 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these Stef but I think the arch detail on the second one just tips the balance for me too - it really makes the lemons and florals pop against that beautiful embossed background. Gorgeous! (P.S. this would be perfect for the challenge at Inkspirational too - I honestly thought their inspo photo had been the starting point for your card).

Lisa Elton said...

Oooh, these are so pretty! Love them both, Stef!

Julia Aston said...

My goodness, Stef, these floral die cuts are so pretty layered with your lovely lemons! What a beautiful design on your embossed background as well. I often find die cutting out of white and then inking for the colors is a faster way to do it instead of getting out all the colors of papers and cutting a few at a time. Both techniques are lovely on your cards! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational: Summer Vibe! Julia xx

Darnell said...

Your Twofers just breath summer into the room with these realistic lemons and blossoms, Stef! I like the colored card and love both designs, but your coloring and shading are so professional! And the embossing just takes them up another notch. (In my book, you ROCKED the Inkspirational prompt and you did not go overboard with the flowers!) Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two absolute stunners Stef! Your colours are so very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday:)

Claire Broadwater said...

GORGEOUS describes both of these cards. I love the fabulous embossed background. This folder is stunning! The arched detail of this panel is perfect to showcase the lemons and flowers. I agree this shortbread cardstock is so pretty! I hope you have a fantastic week, My Friend!

LeAnne said...

Wow, all those elements look amazing, on both cards! Those lemons look so real, I can smell them! Amazing coloring and shading! The background is just marvelous and your sentiments stand out beautifully!

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, it seems you have the magic touch with fruit as well as florals! OH, do I love that embossing! [do I need it?]
Two gorgeous cards using those lovely colors!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

WOW to both these cards. The textured detailing in the embossed backgrounds, the careful layout of beautiful die cuts and the striking colours you've used on the die cuts add up to exceptional cards. Both are fabulous but if you made me choose - well, it's the archway card. :-)

Christy Lynn said...

A pair of beautiful cards, Stef! They're both gorgeous, but I think the ink blending on the second one makes it look a bit softer and more delicate than the colorful cardstock one. And now I really want to look up that shortbread cardstock, it looks like a fabulous color! Great take on Jaydee's colors and I hope you have a fabulous week!

Ashwini said...

Absolutely stunning duo of cards! I love your color blending in both of the cards - the lemons, flowers and look look so refreshing. The embossed texture gives some beautiful highlights. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, Stef! The embossed background is to die for. I love them both, with maybe the edge going to the second card. You are a master at ink blending and have brought these amazing blossoms and lemons to life. Have a wonderful weekend!

Nancy said...

First, sorry I am late coming by. Hubby and I went away for a few days and just got back. You have used some of my favorite products beautifully. Your shading on your flowers and lemons looks amazing. I also love the EF background as well. I think now that you have used these you will be reaching for them often. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and so glad you linked both cards up. Take care!

Bunny said...

This card and the previous are absolutely beautiful. I love the look of lemons. They are so refreshing looking. [Bunny]

Cathy said...

Love both of these cards, so many pretty details and colours, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

TK said...

Both cards are pretty, and those colors perfectly displayed! Love the texture from the embossing, it is quite fun and unique

Cindy C. said...

Such sweet cards, love the pink blossoms paired with the lemons!

cm said...

Congratulations, Stef! Your beautiful lemons and blooms card is a Top Pick at Inkspirational! Yayyy! Thank you for sharing this lovely card in the gallery; hope to see you there often!
hugs~carol