The bundle comes with a bear, a penguin, a deer and Santa Claus. I decided to use the first two for my cards. Here are both finished cards.
Aren't they so cute? I adore them. I started with all the die cutting after I figured out what color combinations I wanted to use. Initially I thought I would put them both on a landscape 5" x 7" card but changed my mind, instead opting to use the Color Block Accent Arches die along with the Essential Arches dies.
The dies were easy to assemble, although the glasses with the Ho Ho and adding the earmuffs onto the penguin was a bit fiddly. The package she's holding is from this month's stitching die set but all the other accessories and the cupcake the bear is holding is from this bundle.
The background on both cards uses the Sparkling Snow embossing folder. After embossed the arch panels I gently rubbed white pigment ink across the raised portions. It was very subtle on the light-colored cardstock so after the cards were assembled Stardust Stickles was added to the centers of the stars, snowflakes and dots.
I could have added the finished arches to a larger rectangular card base, but I like the look of the shaped cards. After white heat embossing the sentiments, they were die cut with a label die then trimmed down to fit the bottom of the embossed panel, after which the critters were added, all with foam tape.
Do you have a favorite critter or color scheme? Personally, I can't pick a favorite, I like them both.
Thanks so much for taking time to visit, I appreciate it!
Stef
- Spellbinders Spectacular Bear and Penguin die sets
- SB Sweater Weather Friend Stitching DOM (gift package)
- Spectacular Holiday Sentiments
- Essential Arches and Color Block Accent Arches dies
- Sparkling Snow embossing folder
- Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels die
- Spellbinders cardstock - Mulberry, Orchid, Carrol, Seaside, Teal Topaz, Peridot, Blush, Truffle, Matte Silver
- Stardust Stickles and Glossy Accents
- Tonic Shimmer Pen




No comments:
Post a Comment