Friday, May 21, 2021

Vitamin Sea

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  I have a card to share that I made for two challenges - Addicted To Stamps where the current theme is die cuts and/or stencils, and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with a theme of using dies and/or punches.

ATSC #405

The lastest card kit from Hero Arts was just too awesome to pass up and I used it for this card, creating a slimline ocean scene.


The stamp set in the kit has one main image, the large coral reef, along with the fish, seahorse and jelly fish you see on the card.  I'm not gonna lie, this took me a couple of afternoon sessions to complete but I love how it turned out!  I started with the background, stenciling the "water" on a panel of white cardstock with three shades of blue, starting with the darkest at the bottom.  After washing the ink off the stencil, it was realigned to the inked portion and I used white glitter gel over the blue for some outstanding sparkle (in real life it looks amazing!).  While that dried, I colored the images with Copic markers then die cut them with the coordinating dies.


I search the internet for coral reef images so I could stay a bit realistic in my coloring and was amazed at the variety of colors of the coral reefs, especially in warm water oceans (obviously I've never done much diving lol!).  With the stenciled panel dry, it was adhered to the card base.  Before adding all the images to the base, I created the "sand" ocean bottom by smearing Versamark over a piece of white cardstock then heat embossing with Sand embossing powder.  I hand cut the embossed panel into a couple of pieces and layered them at the bottom of the card with foam tape.  I began adding all the colored and die cut images mostly popped up with foam tape. Lastly, I used a couple of Violet Copic markers to color a small panel of white cardstock.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on it, then it was trimmed down and added to the panel. 


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  0521 My Monthly Hero card kit (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versamark; Memento Tuxedo Black; Sea Glass, Ocean Waves and Dusk (Altenew)
Other:  Waterflow Slimline Stencil (HA), MMY card kit dies, Gina K White Glitter Glitz gel, White and Sand embossing powders (HA), Copic markers

No comments: