Thursday, May 27, 2021

grill.all.the.things for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  I hope you're doing well.  It's time for another Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week Claire has given us a fun board that would be perfect for Father's Day or a masculine card.


I'm also joining Addicted to Stamps ATSC #406  and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes


For my card, I went diagonal - die cut, twine/ribbon, texture.


A while back, Ellen Hutson had a wonderful sale on all her Essentials by Ellen products, and I used the opportunity to scoop up some stamps and dies I have had my eye on for over two years.  I LOVE this cute bear and all the accessories you can use to create fun scenes! I started by stamping and coloring the barbeque, bear, sun and hot dog, using Copic markers.  After die cutting with the matching dies, I moved on to creating the background.


I used stencils to create the ink blended grass and clouds. Next a panel of Desert Storm cardstock was embossed with the Corrugated 3D embossing folder, then the stenciled panel was trimmed down and adhered to it.  Before adding to the Desert Storm card base, I wrapped some hemp twine around the panel and tied on a bow.  The BBQ, bear, sun and sunglasses were adhered directly to the panel.  The grilling fork was glued under the bear's paw (the die cuts the paws away from the body so he can hold things) but I used a small amount of foam tape to pop up the wienie portion.  The sentiments were stamped, die cut and added to the card front with foam tape, then the last step was to use my white gel pen on his sunglasses.  This will be perfect to send to one of our grill-loving friends!


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  All Inside and Bear Ware 3 (EH)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Clair Nocturne; Fire Fly, Grass Field and Sea Glass (Altenew)
Other:  All Inside and Bear Ware 3 matching dies, Skinny Strips die (MFT), Grassy Edges and Rolling Clouds stencils (MFT), Corrugated 3D embossing folder (ret. SU), Hemp Twine
Copics:  E79, 57, 35, 33, 31,30, 29, 09, R59, 46, 24, 05, 22, 20, Y26, 19, 15, 13

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card Stef! The images are so fun :) !!!