Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Rosey Thanks

Hello crafty friends!  I have a card to share for the current challenge at Color Throwdown, where I am their Guest Star Stamper this week!  Because the colors are red, green, black and white I was very tempted to make a Christmas card but in the end decided to do a bit of floral stenciling.


Because my husband and I are preparing to put our house up for sale, I had limited time to create in the last week (clean this, organize that, pack, pack, pack!), so using a stencil for my focal point made putting this card together very easy.  I also used new-to-me Life Changing Brushes in the small size that made using the stencils even easier.


Inks from Altenew in greens and reds were used with the Bouquet of Roses stencil on a panel of white card stock.  The reds were leaning more towards a pinkish shade, so I added some Fired Brick Distress Ink at the center of the flowers to change the hue a bit and increase the intensity.  The panel was trimmed down and added to the card base along with a strip of MFT black and white striped patterned paper.  After embossing the sentiment on a strip of black card stock it was added to the panel along with a few clear sequins.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll check out this week's CTD challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Brush Stroke Sentiments (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, MFT Black and White Basics
Ink:  Versamark;  Altenew:  Ruby Red, Grapevine, Parrot, Olive, Moss; Fired Brick DI
Other:  Bouquet of Roses stencil (SSS), Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder, Sparkling Clear Sequins (PPP), Life Changing Brushes (Picket Fence)
 

No comments: