Thursday, July 4, 2019

Birthday Blooms

Happy 4th of July all those in the US!  I'm posting before dinner and all the festivities begin with the neighbors as we gather for fireworks.  I've made a card for the current challenges at The Paper Players and Freshly Made Sketches.

PP 448



I love Tic-Tac-Toe challenges and while my intention was to use the diagonal elements from bottom left to upper right, I also ended up meeting the middle vertical row elements as well.  And Jen's FMS sketch worked perfectly for all these elements!


I started by coloring the floral images from Bloom and Grow with Copic markers.  After using a white gel pen to add white tops to the black stamen in the center flower and brighten the small little pussy willow sprig (?) ends, it was die cut with the matching dies.  I centered the sentiment in the lower part of a die cut circle, then added the flowers on the top of the circle with fun foam.  Daffodil Delight patterned paper was adhered to the white card base, then topped with a horizontal strip of lavender card stock.  I added a smaller circle of fun foam to the bottom of the circle, then adhered to the card front along with a few clear sequins.


Thanks so much for visiting!

Stef


Stamps:  Bloom and Grow, Tin of Cards (sentiment)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Lavender (Simon Says Stamp), Daffodil Delight patterned paper (ret. SU)
Ink:  Gina K Jet Black Amalgam, VersaFine Claire Nocturne
Other:  Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Budding Blooms and Layering Circles Framelits
Copics:  Y26, 08, 04, 00; G09; YG07, 01; V17, 15, 01
 

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a bright and sunny card Stef - purple and yellow are two of my favourite colours! Love those polka dots and the white detailing on the florals and great to see the Tin of Labels sentiment too - one of my all time favourite sentiment sets! Thanks for joining in with our tic-tac-toe challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I love the purple and yellow color combo! The polka dots make me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Kim S said...

Such a sweet grouping of flowers - beautifully colored! I love them with the cheerful polka dot and soft lavender. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.