Monday, July 22, 2019

Merry

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I am hosting this week and chose the colors Pretty Peacock, Bermuda Bay and Silver, with a dessert option to add sparkle.


This month, the SCS Color Challenge DT decided to have the theme of Christmas in July, so in keeping with that, I pulled out an ornament stamp set and went to work.  I heat embossed the ornaments with white embossing powder on Pretty Peacock card stock, then used Finetec Pearlescent watercolor paints to color the ornaments.  Because I colored on regular cardstock, I used just a couple of squirts from my Distress Sprayer into the individual pans to get the paint ready to apply to the ornaments.  I used a blue silver and an aqua close in color to Bermuda Bay.


After the painting was dry, a bit of the same paint in silver was lightly splattered on the panel.  Separately, I stamped the word "Christmas" on white card stock and die cut with a label die then die cut the word "Merry" from silver glitter paper.  Both were adhered to the panel then added to a white card stock base. 


Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll join in with the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps: Ornate Ornaments, Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pretty Peacock, Silver Glitter
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Versamark
Other:  Stitched Rectangle, "Merry" and Sentiment Label dies (SSS), Alabaster embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Sakura Metallic Silver Gelly Roll pen, Finetec Pearlescent watercolor paints.
 

No comments: