Thursday, April 6, 2017

Tin of Cards Birthday

Welcome back!  I have a second card to share using a Distress ink blended panel.  As I explained in my post earlier today using a different blended panel (Wild About You), I was experimenting with ink blending and finally settled on using Bristol paper for the best results.  With this panel, I used 3 of the Distress Ink reds and created a card that I will give to a friend at work next week for her birthday.


For the sentiment, I heat embossed on a flag of Basic Black card stock the word "birthday" from Tin of Cards by Stampin' Up!, a stamp set with a load of sentiments with delightful fonts.  I liked this one combined with the scripty Brushstroke Birthday die cut.  The inked panel was trimmed with a Simon Says Stamp Wafer Stitched Rectangle die (still love the extra "umph" these dies bring) then layered upon a square of Basic Black card stock covered on one side with the black striped patterned paper.  The entire thing was then mounted on the Neenah Solar White card base with foam tape.


This close up better shows the three ink colors of Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Aged Mahogany, and the Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins and Simply White NUVO Crystal Drops, my latest embellishment crush.  ;-)


I'm joining a couple of challenges with this card.  The first is the current birthday themed challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where they are celebrating the challenge's 8th year.  The other is Seize the Birthday where the theme is Anything Goes.  I've linked to both challenges below so be sure to head over there and check out all the amazing inspiration!





Thanks for visiting!

Stef



4 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a great CAS card, Stef! I love the graphic stripes and your distressed panel. In a different color this would be a great guy card, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Susan Powell said...

I love that distressed panel!! Those inks look absolutely amazing. I love it paired with those b&w stripes too.

Nancy said...

This looks fabulous! You have really blended your colors perfectly! Love the layout and the use of the negative die! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Love that distressed panel! Great colors!! Wonderful design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa