Saturday, April 15, 2017

Persian Motifs

Hi there and welcome back!  I haven't had much time to play in my craft room in the last week but was finally able to spend the afternoon crafting and finished a couple of cards.  This card was made using the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I've added a link below the image, so be sure to head over there and enjoy all the beautiful inspiration!


I decided to take a very CAS approach to the sketch and used a grouping of floral images to represent the wavy section at the bottom of the card.  Using my Misti to create the pattern, several images from Persian Motifs stamp set were stamped using Versafine Onyx Black on a Bristol card base.  They were then water colored using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a water brush.


I used Carmine Red for the flower petals, thinking it had a bit more yellow in the pigment.  I was surprised when I started moving the ink up the petals that the lighter color had a definite pink hue to it.  But I was still fine with how it turned out.  The leaves and stems were colored with Mid-Green, a more olive type green.


After the water coloring was complete, the card was put back in the Misti and the sentiment lined up and stamped.  Some Bright Gold Crystal Nuvo drops were then added, along with Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins to finish things off.

That's it for tonight but I'll be back tomorrow with my 2nd card.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Stef


5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card! Love those big, bold flowers! The colours are just fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these flowers are beautiful! Love this!

Jan Clothier said...

Stunning! Love the colours you've chosen for these gorgeous images.

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! Your flowers are so vibrant and using them for the curved element is very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Aileen said...

Stunning, love how you have used this wonderful flower. Perfect card