Saturday, December 19, 2015

Meadow Birthday

Hello again!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  I was able to whip out my card in very short order today, using this week's sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts.


A niece's husband is having his birthday soon and I thought the new In the Meadow stamp set (available January 5 in the new Occasions Catalogue) would work perfectly.  They both hike and camp year round, so this scene seemed perfect.


Both the mountain range and tree stamps were inked up in Archival Basic Black ink and stamped on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock.  Using an Aqua Painter, Crumb Cake and Tip Top Taupe were used to color the mountains, the meadow and grass in Mossy Meadow, and water in Soft Sky and Tempting Turquoise.  I used very loose strokes and tried not to let the brush get too wet so the paper wouldn't warp too much.  The leaves were first inked in Pear Pizzazz but it looked too close to the green in the meadow, so Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist were added to give better contrast.


After using my heat tool to dry the paper thoroughly, the colored panel was adhered to a slightly larger piece of Soft Sky card stock and retired twine was wrapped around the bottom.  The sentiment from Crazy For You was inked up in Tempting Turquoise on Very Vanilla, punched out with the Large Oval punch and layered on the piece of Mossy Meadow punched with the Extra Large Oval punch.  Very easy and clean.

Thanks for taking a look!  As always, your visit and comments are so appreciated.  Be sure to use the link above to visit PPA and enjoy all the amazing inspiration!

Hugs,

Stef

6 comments:

Brent Scheffer said...

Great color combination! The scene is amazing! You chose a great background for presentation of card! I have experimented with different backgrounds on a card. It really can make a difference. The card needs to stand out but not be too ostentatious.

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty scene! Very calm and soothing! Love the hint of blue! Glad you shared it at FMS!

PJ said...

Wow!! Your card is spectacular. I love the mountain scene.

Unknown said...

I adore this stamp set and you have showcased it beautifully! Thanks for sharing with the PPA this week!

Josee Smuck said...

I love what you did with this card! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
Inky Hugs!

Stef Perry said...

Jo, I am very flattered that you'd like to share my card.