Sunday, August 4, 2013

Soho Sketched

ETA:  This card is also being entered into the Birthday card challenge at Moxie Fab World - here's the link (http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2013/07/birthday-creations-week-birthday-card.html).


Hi there once again!  My card today is for the sketch at retro sketches.



I stuck to the sketch pretty literally, because I loved the stems popping up from the cross piece.



The stems from Simply Sketched were inked up in Versamark, then Early Espresso and stamped on watercolor paper.  I colored them with a blender pen and then fussy cut them with my paper snips.


I couldn't decide what to color the fruit, so I colored one with Crisp Cantaloupe and the other with Summer Starfruit, but neither by itself looked right.  So I ended up mixing them together for a warm peachy color.

The paper in the background is from Soho Subway.  The mix of Summer Starfruit and Island Indigo in parts of the paper results in a green that matches nicely to Garden Green, which is what was used to color the stems.



The sentiment was stamped on a piece of Confetti cream cut out with a tag sizzlit and popped up on dimensionals. 

Thanks for taking a look and I hope you have a great week ahead of you!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Simply Sketched
Paper:  Confetti Cream, Island Indigo, watercolor, Soho Subway designer paper
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit, Garden Green, Island Indigo, Versamark
Accessories:  Lots of Tags Label 3 Sizzlit, Stampamajig, Clear embossing powder, Paper Ships, Blender pen, Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch, Regals button, Linen Thread

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card! I especially love the background paper. I'm going to have to take a second look at the Soho design line, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Love this card! I especially love the background paper. I'm going to have to take a second look at the Soho design line, that's for sure!

Christine Blain said...

The paper is a fantastic, dramatic, backdrop to your beautifully coloured stems, Stef! Love this!

Claire said...

Love that paper in the background - kind of gives it a really unusual watercolour effect and sets off your coloured stems beautifully...so pretty!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Stef! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful,tfs.