Thursday, August 22, 2013

Indigo Thank You

Welcome back, I have a card to share today that was made for this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  It has been a while since I've been able to join in on this weekly challenge, but the luxury of being on vacation this week afforded me the time to do so.


My card is a very loose interpretation of the sketch, as you'll see below.  I'm making a set of cards for my friend's birthday and this is card number two.  She is so conscientious about sending notes to friends and following up with thank you cards, that I know she'll use this card with the adorable sentiment from the From My Heart stamp set.

Here's the sketch:



As you can see, I swapped out the large square for a Paper Doily and the smaller square in the sketch is quite a bit bigger on my card to accommodate the large sentiment.  It was colored with my SU markers so I could get all three colors on there (Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party), and then a few strategically placed Basic Pearls finish it off.




The butterfly is from the Creative Elements stamp set.  It was embossed on Whisper White card stock with Pool Party embossing powder and then hand trimmed.



The Whisper White panel was cut out with a new Squares Collection framelit and then adhered to a Pool Party square.  I had originally tried using a piece of Pool Party cut out with the next size larger framelit, but it was too large for this card, so it was trimmed down to just slightly larger than the main panel.


I certainly appreciate your visit and would love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  I'm off to get ready for my 8-year old granddaughter's visit.  I'm sure we'll find our way into the craft room sometime in the next two days as she loves to make cards too.  I hope the rest of your week if great and the weekend enjoyable!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Creative Elements, From My Heart
Paper:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Pool Party, In Color Pattern Stack 2011-2013
Ink:  Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, and Pool Party markers; Versamark
Accessories:  Paper Doily, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Pool Party embossing powder, Squares Collection framelit, Basic Pearls, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon.


No comments: