Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stylish Tea

Hello, again!  My second post of the day, with a card using the sketch at Seize the Birthday (http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/).  It's also for the SU-Only Challenge to use your favorite retiring stamp set (http://suochallenges.com/).

I ended up using two retiring stamp sets, Elements of Style and Curly Cute.  Elements of Style is such a classy and classic floral image, and I love the flourished fonts in Curly Cute.


I decided to use Tea for Two designer paper and carry forward the colors used in the floral images onto my stamped image.  I used my Island Indigo reinker and a blender pen to color the roses, with a touch of So Saffron in the flower centers and Lucky Limeade for the stems and leaves.



Since I didn't have much room but for the small sentiment on the front of the card, the Happy Birthday sentiment was added to the interior:



Here's the STB sketch:



Well, it's time to take a break from blog posting and maybe go read a book (or make another card?).  Thanks again for visiting my blog and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Elements of Style, Curly Cute
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, So Saffron, Tea For Two designer paper, SU watercolor paper.
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, So Saffron, Jet Black Stazon, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  White Baker's Twine, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Ovals and Windows Collections framelits, Eyelet Border, Corner Rounder and 1 1/4" Scallop circle punches, Artisan Embellishments Kit (lace), Basic Pearls, Occasions Paper Piercing Pack




4 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, great take on the sketch and I love the vintage look of this card! The watercoloring on the flowers is a perfect match to the DSP and this is one of my favorite retiring sets as well!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Stef! I love how you've used the colours, and the way you've matted the sentiment is so sweet. Just back from Convention, and have lots to catch up on ... it's lovely to see your card in my blog feed. :)

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love these colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

Mary Brown said...

Oh how pretty! I LOVE the GORGEOUS coloring you did...and that is my FAVORITE paper from the pack! Just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!