Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hello Old Friends

Welcome back!  I've got a new card to share with you today, with some old stamps I haven't used in a long time.  I was in an organizing mode yesterday, rearranging my card stock (to make way for the new Stampin' Up In Colors-yippee!) and cleaning out a file that had future card projects.  However, the future kept getting put off, so I decided to either make the card or put the papers away.  After looking through all the projects, I ended up with one card.




The card stock I used, aside from the Whisper White base, is So Saffron plus a couple of retired colors:  Cameo Coral and Soft Sky (soon to be returning in June!).  This is not a color combination I would immediately go with but I think it turned out to be a bright and warm grouping.

The main image is an old Hostess set from 2008 called A Little Bit of Happiness.  It was one that I thought I would use more but never did much with it, and I ended up giving it to my niece when she started making cards.  So this is the last image I had in my project stash.  




Isn't that cute?  I think that may be another reason why I never did much with the set. When I first started stamping in 2007, I was more into realistic floral images than line art "cute" ones.  Now, I like it all!!  ; - )  The polka dot piece, inked up in White Craft ink, is from a background stamp made by Cornish Heritage Farms, which has subsequently gone out of business.

The butterfly was punched out of some retired designer paper in Soft Sky, with Basic Rhinestones in the middle and on one of the flowers above.  

The design is from the new sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts:



So glad you could drop by today, I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave me a comment.  

Have a great week!  

Hugs,

Stef



All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  A Little Bit of Happiness, Pindot (CHF)
Paper:  Whisper White, Cameo Coral, So Saffron, Soft Sky, watercolor paper, Afternoon Tea designer paper
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, Soft Sky, White Craft ink.
Accessories:  Honeycomb embossing folder, Scallop Border, Corner Rounder and Bitty Butterfly punch, Black Gingham ribbon (Offray), Basic Rhinestones, Aquapainter.





3 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the flower image, and I love how you used the gingham ribbon. It's such an unexpected, but beautiful contrast. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Dawn Tidd said...

What a cute stamp! I love that little "hello". I agree with Cindy on the use of the black & white gingham. It really makes a statement on your card! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! I love the color combination. The Cameo Coral Honeycomb panel is the perfect backdrop for the rest of the card. The gingham ribbon is a great little touch. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!