Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Garden of Thanks

Hello once again!  Today I have a card using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  It's also for the this week's challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges to create a card with no patterned paper.  I stepped outside a couple of comfort zones with this card!



The first is the color combination.  Never in a million years would I have picked Rich Razzleberry with Tempting Turquoise and Pear Pizazz, but some smart person that created the Stampin' Up Color Coach came up with this combo...and I love it!  Next, the card is flat!  I know there are some layers but I mean it's a "No Extra Postage Required" card, which is pretty rare for me.

Finally, I love designer papers.  I really have to restrain myself when the new SU catalogues come out or when I go to a certain local stamp store...so much beauty, so many ideas...resulting in a large, large stash of paper that I have to work to use up.  So, since I generally never make a card without using it, this card, while not necessarily outside my comfort zone, was unusual for me because it has no designer paper.




Be sure to pop over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog:  http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/ and Freshly Made Sketches:



Thanks for dropping by!  I hope the remainder of your weekend is very enjoyable.

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizazz.  Marker: Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Vine embossing folder, Secret Garden and Bitty Banners framelits, Rich Razzleberry 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones



2 comments:

Amy O said...

Look at all those pretty flowers! I love the color combination -- the Color Coach is such a great tool. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is just fantastic, Stef! Love the collage of flowers and those colors really are great together. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!