Friday, February 15, 2013

No. 1 Valentine


Hi there friends, hope you're having a wonderful day.  I took a vacation day today to make this a long weekend, and it has been glorious weather here, clear skies and sunny, plus a bit warmer than usual.  Makes one look forward to spring.  Of course, it's supposed to start raining again tomorrow...ah, the glory of Western Oregon in Winter!


Today's card is the Valentine I made for my husband, Kevin, naturally my No. 1 Valentine!




I stamped the flag from Affection Collection in Craft Real Red, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, and then snipped it out right up to the edge of the image.




A Labels Collection framelit cut out the Real Red focal point, upon which I applied the Love sentiment from Affection Collection and the hearts.  The Crumb Cake heart was punched out using the Large Heart punch and then run through my crimper. 

The tag was cut out with the smallest Bitty Banner framelit after I stamped the sentiment from You're A Gem on Very Vanilla card stock.  It was a tight fit but I used some light stick tape to hold it in place while I ran it through my Big Shot.  I snipped off one of the flagged ends so I could attach it to the Hemp Twine.  I really love twine for masculine cards and was sad when Stampin' Up decided to quit offering it, however I recently found it available in their Sale Rack and added a couple packages to my stash.  I also got the trinket key from there at a much more reasonable price than they originally offered them.

I used Crumb Cake to sponge around everything, with a bit of Pool Party around the Decorative Label punch with the Love sentiment.





Well, that's it, a pretty easy and straightforward creation.

Thank you for dropping by today, I would love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave me a comment!

Hugs,

Stef


 

No comments: