Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bella Birthday

Happy Thursday!  I've made another birthday card...in addition to family members, I give birthday cards to many friends and co-workers, so I make many, many every year.



Today I based my card on this weeks challenge over at The Paper Players.  Jaydee created a very fun and easy sketch that one could keep CAS or "dress up" with additional details.  I tried to strike a balance in between, although for me it might be more CAS!!
 

I again reached into my supply of retired Stampin' Up designer paper to set the color combination.  This paper is from the Bella Rose collection and I've adhered it onto a panel of Pink Pirouette and then onto a base of the same card stock.


The rose from Stippled Blossoms was stamped in Pink Pirouette and Primrose Petals, the leaves in Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive, and then all were cut out and placed on a scallop circle of Primrose Petals.  

The sentiment from Curly Cute was stamped directly on the designer paper with Primrose Petals ink.




Thanks for coming by and taking a look today! 

Hugs,

Stef

All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Curly Cute
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Primrose Petals, Bella Rose dp
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
Accessories:  White Organza ribbon, Delicate Doilies sizzlet, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Basic Pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig 






3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Stef, this is beautiful! These colors are gorgeous together and I love how you've backed the flower with the doily. The layered ribbon is such a nice detail too...lovely job...so glad you shared it with us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Stef, this is fabulous. I love the rose on top of the doily, it gives the card such a feminine touch, especially when it is paired with the background dsp. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

stampwithsandy said...

Beautiful! Love that stippled blossom and it looks great on top of the doily. Great colors, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Players this week!