Sunday, November 27, 2022

Jingle All the Way for Sunday Stamps

It's time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps and this one is very timely for those of us still working on making our Christmas cards!


I'm also slipping in at the last minute to the current Color Hues challenge, which is still open until tomorrow morning for anyone that might care to join!


For my card, I stayed very clean and simple. 


The background panel was created using a retired Stampin' Up embossing folder called Softly Falling, die cut with one of the Altenew Mix & Match Frames dies (love that deckled edge), then adhered directly to the white card base.


Santa, Rudolph and the tree (from MFT's Jingle All the Way stamp set) were all stamped, colored with Copic markers, and then cut out with the coordinating dies.  I used an Altenew gold gel pen to color Santa's belt buckle, the bells on Rudolph's collar and the star on the tree.  A Sakura White Gelly Roll pen was used to create the "fluff" on Santa's hat.  The sentiment, which is from the same stamp set was red heat embossed on white then die cut with MFT's Fishtail Foundation sentiment dies.  All the elements were added with foam tape, then I used a light gray Copic marker to create shadows and I was done!  This was a great card to reproduce in multiples once all the coloring was complete.


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it.  The link above will take you to the blog post with all the DT member's fabulous cards.  I hope you'll join us for this challenge!

Take care!

Stef

Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Embossing Powder:  Gina K Red Hot
Copics: R59, 46, 27, 05, 20, E29, 39, 37, 35, 33, 31, 30, 21, 11, 00, YG67, 17, 03, C9, 6, 3, 1, 00, W1, 0

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is one of my favorite MFT Christmas sets, and you've colored it beautifully1 The embossed background is perfect, and I love the deckled "frame." Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love your jolly Santa and that sweet little puppy! Such a fun card!

dj said...

What a jolly take on our color combo...this card is sure to bring a smile!! Fantastic inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new color challenge!! #SSC297

Nancy said...

I have had this set stamped on two card bases for two years and have yet to color them. Sigh. This card is certainly inspiring me, now I need the time. Thrilled to see you in our gallery at Color Hues and promoting us too! Thanks for the shout-out. Hugs!

Cindy Beach said...

This trio looks as happy as can be and ready to go! Lovely coloring and design, Stef! We are so glad you have joined us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is super fun Stef! This is also one of my all time favourite stamp sets from MFT. Thank you for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Heidi Baks said...

Totes adorbs!!