Thursday, November 3, 2022

Fall Birthday and a Christmas Tag

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card and a tag made for two separate challenges, but both using the same technique with embossing folders and gorgeous paste.


First up is my card for Anne Marie's terrific Tic Tac Toe challenge at The Paper Players.  Although I used a few of the elements in the board, my three in a row is down the middle column - die cut, texture and birthday.


I so love how this card came out!  I started with a panel of dark brown cardstock and used the Forest Floor 3D embossing folder to get that fantastic impression.  Next, I applied Tonic Nuvo Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse to the card using just my finger, touching the tops of the embossed detail but also letting some get in-between the images to give a rustic look.  I actually have a stack of embossed panels that I made one afternoon with various pastes/mousses.  The embellishment mousse dried quickly so I was able to trim the panel down and adhere it to a Desert Storm card base.  

I applied an adhesive sheet to the back of a piece of vellum, die cut it with a circle die and adhered it to the front of the panel, along with some die cut Desert Storm leaves also covered with the copper mousse and a die cut sentiment.  My SIL will receive this for his birthday later this month and since he's a woodsy sort of fellow, I think he'll appreciate it.


Next I have a Christmas gift tag made from one of those embossed panels, which I'm sharing at Just Us Girls for Carol's fabulous challenge!


I love making handmade gift tags but don't always take much time to make them super decorative (mostly because they seem to just get tossed lol!), but the embossing plus Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste on this tag certainly gives it a bit more of a wow factor I think.


This time a panel of Peacock was embossed using the Snowflake Visions 3D embossing folder and I used my finger to apply Clear Skies Lunar Paste over it (my camera always seems to adjust the color when I use teal products, so the tag appears much more blue than in real life).  The panel was die cut using a large tag die, then I added two sparkly die cut snowflakes to anchor the sentiment, which came in a pack of pre-foiled holiday sentiments from Pinkfresh Studio.  Next I die cut a second tag from white cardstock, silver embossed "to" and "from", and a row of snowflakes, then attached the white tag to the back of the embossed one using some satin ribbon from my stash and tying them together with some silver twine.


Here's a little close up of the front.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it!  Take care!

Stef


Birthday Card
Stamps:  None
Paper:  Dark Chocolate Brown (Simon Says Stamp), Neenah Desert Storm and Natural White, Vellum
Ink:  None
Other:  SSS Forest Floor 3D embossing folder, Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die, Hero Arts Nested Infinity Circle die, SSS Berry Stems dies, Tonic Nuvo Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse
Noel Tag
Stamps:  Tag, You're It: Holiday (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper:  SSS Peacock and Silver and White Glitter paper, Pinkfresh Foiled Sentiments 4 holiday
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  SSS Snowflake Visions 3D embossing folder, Simon Hurley Clear Skies Lunar Paste, SSS Daphne and Eliza Snowflake dies, Ellen Hutson Tag Trio die, Hero Arts Silver embossing powder, retired SU White Satin ribbon and silver twine

4 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful tag: the color, texture, the added snowflakes and the Noel...I would love to have this tag on my gift!!! Thanks for playing with. us this week at JUGS!

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, what a great technique with the embossing folder! That looks great and I love the copper color, perfect for fall. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These pastes and mousses sound like fun Stef - both the card and tag are beautiful, so much texture! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

That mousse adds so much awesome detail! Both the card and the tag are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!