Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Flourish Elements


I have a card to share this evening that I made for this week's sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  I've tried to find ways to give Summer Starfruit a little love, and I found that I really like how it looks with Pool Party and Basic Black.  Sparingly.  ;-)


I stamped the flourish from Creative Elements in Jet Black Stazon and colored it with my Pool Party and Summer Starfruit markers on Very Vanilla card stock.  It was very therapeutic, and I really do like those colors together.




After the flourish was complete I used an Oval Framelit to cut it out it and layered on a larger oval of Basic Black.  The strip underneath included scalloped layers of Basic Black and Pool Party card, and then topped with a strip of Summer Starfruit punched with a Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.


Basic Pearls and buttons in the corner added some visual interest, along with a sweet little butterfly from the Beautiful Wings embosslit.

Here's the great sketch from PPA:

 Thank you so much from dropping by!  I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Creative Elements
Paper:  Basic Black, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, In Color Pattern Pack designer paper.
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon;  Markers:  Pool Party, Summer Starfruit
Accessories:  Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Scallop Border punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Oval Framelits, Basic Pearls, Itty Bitty, Neutrals and Sycamore Street Designer buttons, Linen Thread


3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Stef! I think you've achieved a perfect balance of colour ... and all that Pool Party is so calming. Just lovely!

Sandie Conner said...

Very pretty Stef, I love the colors that you chose. Thanks for having fun with the PPA this week!

Nina Dee said...

Love the simplicity of this card. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts! :)