Sunday, April 7, 2013

Birthday Flowers

Hello again!  Glad you could come by and visit!  My card today uses the gorgeous flowers from Secret Garden.  I finally had the opportunity to watercolor the flowers, and after a couple self-created disasters with Concord Crush, I came up with three flowers that I was happy with.




I stamped the flowers in black Stazon on watercolor paper and then colored them with an Aquapainter.  The two pink flowers were colored with  Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink.  On the third flower I started with Wisteria Wonder and then added dark hues with Concord Crush.



My minor "disaster", such was it was, occurred while trying to watercolor the largest image of the set.  I added Concord Crush to an already fairly damp flower that I had just colored with a base of Wisteria Wonder.  I found to my dismay that a wee, wee bit of Concord Crush goes a looonnng way LOL!!  All of a sudden I ended up with a very, very purple flower that was pretty much one color.  Not what I intended!  Oops, restart.



My second attempt with the flower that ended up on my card was far more satisfactory.  It was an informative experience.  I'm not that big of a fan of Concord Crush, in fact I rarely use it, but of course in trying to burn through some older designer paper, I needed to use it as it was one of the primary colors.



The sentiment is from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday by Papertrey Ink.  Love that set and this particular sentiment.  I enjoy sentiments that are stacked and have mixed fonts.



I made the card today for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  It's a great sketch with loads of possibilities...I may try to use it to make another card with a completely different stamp set if I have time this week.



Thanks for looking and I hope the rest of your Sunday is fabulous!


Hugs,

Stef

All products Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Concord Crush, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, watercolor, Lap of Luxury dp
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, So Saffron, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories:  Large Scallop Border punch (Martha Stewart), Secret Garden and Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Vintage Button, Large and Basic Pearls, 



No comments: