Monday, March 18, 2013

Embossed Bunny Ears

Hello again, hope you are having a great day!  I have a fun Easter card to share with you that I made with the Ears to You stamp.


I think these bunny images are so adorable, and of course the sentiment is very fun.  I pulled out some retired Afternoon Tea designer paper for less traditional Easter colors.  The bunnies were stamped in Whisper White Craft ink on Pool Party card stock, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


The embossed image was then cut out with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and backed with Whisper White die cut with Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circle die.  Delicate Details Lacy Tape and some Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon then divide the card.

In order to have it fit in the Ribbon Banner die, I bent the sentiment a bit when I attached it to the acrylic block.  However, I had to reink and stamp a second time to get a good image and by then the sentiment had "unbent" a bit.  It's a little hard to tell from the photo but it looks a little rounded in real life.  After the sentiment was die cut, I left the die on and lightly sponged Pool Party ink on the visible card stock, leaving a nice white border when the die is removed.



Buttons in the corner finished off the card.

Thanks for looking today.  I'd love to hear from you so I hope you'll take a moment to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef



All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Ears to You
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party, Afternoon Tea designer paper
Ink:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White Craft ink
Accessories:  White embossing powder, Delicate Details Lace Tape, Wasabi Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Artisan Embellishment Kit (button), SU and other buttons, Basic Pearls, Classic Circle, Petite Scallop Circle and ribbon Banner dies (Spellbinders), White Baker's Twine, Linen Thread. 




1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS! LOVE the colors, and all of your details...it's lovely!